Tuesday, November 4, 2008

En cuál manera debemos codificar?

Code is my life. Ok, not really, it just provides an engaging, meaningful career, and keeps my mind churning during the day, and occasionally while I sleep. Does anyone else dream in code? When I do, I seem to run through the same lines of code over and over.

Oh well, that is not what this blog is about. I would like to share pieces to some of the many coding puzzles on which I work. Currently, I am learning how to use the latest release of Oracle's JDeveloper, 11G, and like many new (to me) technologies, there is a steep learning curve. I am hoping to provide some of the tidbits that I pick up along the way with others who are new to ADF, and hopefully provide some solutions that may prove useful.

We'll see how well I keep this up. Oh, and as for the title ... I, of course, wanted something witty, but just went with a phrase similar to that of the one on my t-shirt instead: "En cuál manera debemos vivir?," which translates to "How ought we to live?." So, how ought we to code? Well, it's a difficult balance between quality and quantity. We don't always have enough time to pump out the best code, but as we all know, poor coding can cost time later. Anyways, I will claim that my posts will not necessarily be THE answer to the problems at hand, but they just might save you some time. And I would encourage anyone perusing my so called solutions to share any alternate/better solutions, so that we can all become better coders, and not just code monkeys.

No comments: